Performance Improvements through Consistent Implementation of Identified End-To-End Process Optimization Measures
MAREDO means passion for the best steaks, first-class cuisine and delicious communal dining experience.
For more than 40 years, the Maredo Restaurants Holding GmbH and the MAREDO brand have been synonymous with first-class steaks from South America and excellent meat quality. The more than 40 steakhouses with about 1,500 employees offer steaks from Argentina and Uruguay as one of their specialties.
Against a background of tough competition for guests in their restaurants and in a market with low margins and at the same time high financial expectations of investors, the Maredo Restaurants Holding GmbH was looking for a partner to help the company achieve significant improvements in results through a rigorous analysis of the economic performance and the implementation of the necessary measures identified by an external advisor, with the ultimate goal of securing long-term and sustainable success for the future.
With Panoff Consulting, the Maredo Restaurants Holding GmbH found the right partner that could bring precisely this capability to the table by using a pragmatic but adequately systematic approach. Panoff Consulting qualified itself for the task at hand through extensive experience in the business segment of Maredo and its own wealth of experience with consistent implementation measures for the improvement for corporate performance.
By employing a pragmatic, but systematic performance analysis of processes, the organization and cost pools that was precisely aligned with the relevant topics for this sector, Panoff Consulting was able to create within only two months a detailed list of achievable result potentials as the foundation for the implementation process at the company.
Optimization of Processes, Organization and Costs
The identified measures in the areas listed below contribute to significant improvements in results:
- Optimization of the central organization by reducing staff at headquarters for tasks that offer no essential value creation for the company’s restaurants
- Focusing of resources and funds on restaurant operations with future potential (abandon low-/non-performers)
- Pursuit of purchasing cooperation for the reduction of merchandise purchase costs within the core assortments
- Insourcing of cleaning services (to be done by in-house, already existing staff)
- Optimization of the operational performance of defined “development units”
- Reduction of fleet costs (limitation of vehicle rights, reduction of vehicle and leasing costs)
The specific measures defined by the employees of Panoff Consulting allowed Maredo to directly integrate the results of the analysis into the subsequent development measures and the planning process for the implementation.
“Panoff Consulting accurately identified the essential and very specific improvement measures and provided them for the implementation.„